Plastic surgery is an option for people who want to make improvements in their bodies. But apartment from enhancement, this procedure is also used for repairing body parts following injuries and scars or helping people feel confident with their appearance. In general, plastic surgery mistakes are rare; however, they can happen. Victims of these mistakes should consult a plastic surgery malpractice lawyer.
Common Plastic Surgery Mistakes
As with other surgeons, plastic surgeons must adhere to some standards and safety precautions. Otherwise, they could face a medical malpractice lawsuit due to negligence. Accidents and mistakes that can occur in plastic surgery include bleeding, as well as anesthesia and drug interactions. If such accidents take place, victims must explore their legal options to secure the justice and compensation they deserve. Plastic surgery mistakes can happen in any of the following procedures:
- Liposuction. This surgical procedure is meant to get rid of fatty tissues from different body areas. Complications of this procedure include nerve damage, blood clots, and fluid retention.
- Rhinoplasty. This procedure is performed to change the shape, size, and position of the nose. Complications of this surgery include breathing issues, disfigurement, nose damage, and sense of smell problems.
- Tummy tuck. In this procedure, medical malpractice can lead to blood clots or serious bleeding, disfigurement, scarring, and infection.
- Rhytidectomy. Malpractice in wrinkle removal or facelift procedures includes cysts, necrosis, deformity, nerve injury, or serious bruising.
- Breast enhancement or reduction. Changing the shape, size, and position of the breast can lead to issues such as blood poisoning, infection, scarring, and implant rupture.
Pursuing a Malpractice Claim
If you underwent plastic surgery and you think you are a victim of malpractice, there are steps you must take. First, you should document your injuries. Take pictures or videos of them and keep records of the treatments you have been administered with.
In addition, you should seek medical attention if you sustained severe injuries. You should also document your medical paperwork and bills involved in your scheduled appointment with a doctor. Lastly, contact a plastic surgery malpractice attorney. By having an attorney on your side, your chances of securing the compensation you deserve significantly increase. Your lawyer will help collect the necessary evidence that can validate and support your claim. They can handle communications and negotiations with the negligent party’s insurance company for you. Given their extensive experience handling this kind of case, they know what common tactics insurance companies use to try to devalue or deny claims. Your attorney will not accept anything lesser than what you deserve.